Bài viết sau đây sẽ cung cấp cho bạn đầy đủ kiến thức và nội dung về you must see the manager tomorrow morning mà bạn đang tìm kiếm do chính biên tập viên Làm Bài Tập biên soạn và tổng hợp. Ngoài ra, bạn có thể tìm thấy những chủ đề có liên quan khác trên trang web lambaitap.edu.vn của chúng tôi. Hy vọng bài viết này sẽ giúp ích cho bạn.
Trong bài thi tốt nghiệp THPT, thành ngữ là phần kiến thức khá khó khăn với nhiều học sinh. Có rất nhiều những thành ngữ tiếng Anh và cũng không có quy tắc nào với tất cả các thành ngữ. Do đó, việc học các thành ngữ đòi hỏi học sinh cần phải kiên trì tích lũy từng ngày. Hiểu được khó khăn ấy, Luyện thi IELTS Vietop đã tổng hợp giúp bạn các bài tập Idioms thi đại họcnhằm giúp các em ghi nhớ nhanh và lâu hơn. Hãy đọc và thực hành các bài tập dưới đây nhé.
Tổng hợp các idioms thường gặp trong đề thi đại học
Idiom – thành ngữ là sự kết hợp của một vài từ loại khác nhau, tạo thành cụm từ có nghĩa và được người bản xứ sử dụng thường xuyên trong giao tiếp hằng ngày. Việc học thành ngữ giúp tiếng Anh của bạn được “nâng tầm” lên rất nhiều.
Do đó, trong bài thi tốt nghiệp THPT luôn xuất hiện bài tập về idiom. Không chỉ thế, trong bài viết tiếng Anh của bạn có sử dụng idiom thì sẽ đạt được điểm số cao hơn.
Dưới đây là những idioms thường gặp trong thi đại học.
- RAINING CATS AND DOGS: rain heavily (Mưa nặng hạt).
E.g.: It’s raining cats and dogs = It’s raining heavily.
- CHALK AND CHEESE: very different from each other (rất khác nhau).
E.g.: I don’t have anything in common with my brother. We’re like chalk and cheese.
- HERE AND THERE: everywhere (mọi nơi).
E.g.: I have been searching here and there for the gift I bought for my girlfriend.
- A HOT POTATO: something that is difficult or dangerous to deal with (vấn đề nan giải).
E.g.: The abortion issue is a hot potato in the US.
- AT THE DROP OF A HAT: immediately, instantly (Ngay lập tức).
E.g.: If you need me, just call me. I can come at the drop of a hat.
- BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD: time to start from the beginning; it is time to to plan something over again (bắt đầu lại).
E.g.: My plans to create a tiny car made of glasses were unsuccessful, so I guess it’s back to the drawing board for me.
- BEAT ABOUT THE BUSH: avoiding the main topic, not speaking directly about the issue (nói vòng vo, lạc đề).
E.g.: Stop beating about the bush and answer my question.
- BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD: a good invention or innovation, a good idea or plan.
E.g.: Portable phones are marketed as the best thing since sliced bread; people think they are extremely good.
- BURN THE MIDNIGHT OIL: to stay up working, especially studying late at night (thức khuya làm việc, học bài).
E.g.: I will have a big exam tomorrow so I’ll be burning the midnight oil tonight.
- CAUGHT BETWEEN TWO STOOLS: when someone finds it difficult to choose between two alternatives (tiến thoái lưỡng nan).
- BREAK A LEG : good luck! (thường dùng để chúc may mắn).
E.g.: I have heard that you’re gonna take a test tomorrow, break a leg, dude!!!
- HIT THE BOOKS : to study (học).
E.g.: I can’t go out tonight. I’ve got to hit the books. I’m having an exam tomorrow.
- WHEN PIGS FLY : something will never happen (điều vô tưởng, không thể xảy ra, nhớ là “pigs” đừng nhầm với con vật khác nhé).
- SCRATCH SOMEONE’S BACK: help someone out with the assumption that they will return the favor in the future (giúp đỡ người khác với hy vọng họ sẽ giúp lại mình).
E.g.: “You scratch my back and I will scratch yours later,” the customer said when we talked about the new sales contact.
- HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD : do or say something exactly right (nói chính xác, làm chính xác).
E.g.: Mike hit the nail on the head when he said most people can use a computer without knowing how it works.
- TAKE SOMEONE/SOMETHING FOR GRANTED: coi nhẹ.
E.g.: One of the problems with relationships is that after a while you begin to take each other for granted!!
- TAKE SOMETHING INTO ACCOUNT/ CONSIDERATION: to remember to consider something (tính đến cái gì, xem xét việc gì).
E.g.: We will take your long year of service into account when we make our final decision.
- PUT SOMEONE/SOMETHING AT SOMEONE’S DISPOSAL: to make someone or something available to someone (có sẵn theo ý muốn của ai),
E.g.: I’d be glad to help you if you need me. I put myself at your disposal.
- SPLITTING HEADACHE: a severe headache (đau đầu như búa bổ) (khi ra thi sẽ hỏi từ “Splitting”).
E.g.: I’ve got a splitting headache. I’m going upstairs for a nap.
- ON THE HOUSE: không phải trả tiền.
E.g.: I went to a restaurant last night. I was the ten thousandth customer, so my dinner was on the house.
- HIT THE ROOF = GO THROUGH THE ROOF = HIT THE CEILING: to suddenly become angry (giận dữ).
E.g.: I”m afraid he will hit the roof when he finds out our vacation is canceled
- MAKE SOMEONE’S BLOOD BOIL: làm ai sôi máu, giận dữ.
- BRING DOWN THE HOUSE: làm cho cả khán phòng vỗ tay nhiệt liệt.
E.g.: G-Dragon brought the house down. He really brought down the house with his fantastic song.
- PAY THROUGH THE NOSE: to pay too much for something (trả giá quá đắt).
E.g.: If you want a decent wine in a restaurant, you have to pay through the nose for it.
- BY THE SKIN OF ONE’S TEETH: sát sao, rất sát.
E.g.: I got through calculus math by the skin of my teeth.
E.g.: I got to the airport a few minutes late and missed the plane by the skin of my teeth.
- PULL SOMEONE’S LEG: chọc ai.
E.g.: You don’t mean that. You’re just pulling my leg.
- IT STRIKE SOMEBODY AS/THAT A STRANGE: lấy làm lạ.
E.g.: It strikes me as a strange that he failed the exam because he is such a smart and diligent student.
- TAKE IT A MISS: to understand as wrong or insulting, or misunderstand (hiểu lầm).
E.g.: Would you take it a miss if I told you I thought you look lovely? I was afraid you’d take it the wrong way.
- HIGH AND LOW = HERE AND THERE: everywhere.
E.g.: I have been searching high and low for the gift I bought for my girlfriend.
- THE MORE, THE MERRIER: càng đông càng vui.
E.g.: Can I bring some friends with me? Yeah sure, the more, the merrier.
- SPICK AND SPAN: ngăn nắp gọn gàng.
- EVERY NOW AND THEN: sometimes.
E.g.: Every now and then, I want to be alone.
- PART AND PARCEL: integral, crucial (thiết yếu, quan trọng).
- GO TO ONE’S HEAD: khiến ai kiêu ngạo.
E.g.: Too much success will go to her head.
- ONCE IN A BLUE MOON: rất hiếm (rare).
E.g.: Once in a blue moon, I stop thinking about her. If only she knew how much I loved her.
- FEW AND FAR BETWEEN : rare (hiếm gặp).
E.g.: Go and tell her that you love her! That kind of girl is really few and far between.
- ON THE SPOT:
(1) immediately (ngay lập tức)
E.g.: I expect you to be on the spot when and where trouble arises.
(2): in trouble; in a difficult situation (gặp rắc rối).
E.g.: I hate to be on the spot when it’s not my fault.
- ON THE VERGE OF = ON THE BRINK OF = IN THE EDGE OF: trên bờ vực (cẩn thận với giới từ “on” và “in” nhé!)
E.g.: Unless we take measures to protect tigers, they will be on the verge of extinction. (lưu ý: take measures: đưa ra biện pháp).
- IT NEVER RAINS BUT IT POURS: good or bad things do not just happen a few at a time, but in large numbers all at once (họa vô đơn chí).
- BE ON THE WAGON: kiêng rượu.
E.g.: Bob’s old drinking buddies complained that he was no fun when he went on the wagon.
- LED SOMEBODY BY THE NOSE: to control someone and make them do exactly what you want them to do (nắm đầu, dắt mũi ai).
E.g.: They simply didn’t know what they were doing and they were led by the nose by a manipulative government.
- AT THE ELEVENTH HOUR: vào phút chót.
E.g.: She always turned her term paper in at the eleventh hour.
- SELL/GO LIKE HOT CAKES: bán đắt như tôm tươi.
E.g.: The book has only just been published and copies are already selling like hot cakes in both Britain and America.
- FIND FAULT WITH: chỉ trích, kiếm chuyện, bắt lỗi.
E.g.: It is very easy to find fault with the work of others.
- OFF AND ON/ ON AND OFF: không đều đặn, thỉnh thoảng.
E.g.: We don’t often go there- just off and on.
- MAKE BELIEVE: giả bộ, giả vờ.
E.g.: I tried to make believe she was happy, but knew deep down it was not true.
- MAKE GOOD TIME: di chuyển nhanh, đi nhanh.
E.g.: We made good time and were at the hotel by lunch time.
- LOOK DAGGERS AT SOMEONE: giận giữ nhìn ai đó.
E.g.: Their relationship is not free and easy but at least he is no longer looking daggers at her.
- BE OUT OF THE QUESTION: không thể được.
E.g.: You cannot get married until you are 18, it’s out of the question.
- ALL AT ONCE = suddenly: bất thình lình.
E.g.: All at once, there was a loud banging on the door.
- BLOW ONE’S TRUMPET: bốc phét, khoác lác.
E.g.: Anyone will tell you she’s one of the best journalists we’ve got, although she’d never blow her trumpet.
- SLEEP ON IT: suy nghĩ thêm về điều gì đó.
E.g.: You don’t have to give me your decision now. Sleep on it, and let me know tomorrow.
- FIGHT TOOTH AND CLAW/NAIL: đánh nhau dữ dội, cấu xé nhau.
E.g.: We fought tooth and claw to retain our share of business.
- PLAY TRICKS/JOKES ON: chọc phá, trêu ghẹo, chơi khăm.
E.g.: The kids always play jokes on their teachers.
- DOWN THE DRAIN: đổ sông đổ biển (công sức, tiền bạc).
E.g.: It’s just money down the drain.
- SMELL A RAT: hoài nghi, linh cảm chuyện không ổn.
E.g.: The minute I came in, I smelled a rat.
- THE LAST STRAW: giọt nước tràn ly.
E.g.: When she showed up late a third time, that was the last straw. We had to fire her.
- GET THE HAND OF SOMETHING: nắm bắt được, sử dụng được.
E.g.: After three weeks of using this computer, I think I’ve finally got the hand of it.
- HARD OF HEARING: lãng tai, nặng tai.
E.g.: Tom is hard of hearing. Therefore, we have to speak loudly so that he can hear us.
- KEEP AN EYE ON: coi chừng, ngó chừng.
E.g.: Please keep an eye on my baby while I’m out for a while.
- HAVE A BEE IN ONE’S BONNET (ABOUT SOMETHING): đặt nặng chuyện gì, chấp nhất chuyện gì.
E.g.: She has a bee in her bonnet about going to America.
- GET/HAVE COLD FEET: mất hết can đảm, chùn bước.
E.g.: I’m worried my members on this page may be getting cold feet about the university entrance exam. Therefore, I will try my best to help them overcome this severe exam.
- ON SECOND THOUGHTS: suy nghĩ kỹ.
E.g.: On second thoughts, it was a dumb movie.
- IN VAIN: uổng công, vô ích.
E.g.: Government agents tried in vain kidnap him.
- CHIP IN: khuyên góp, góp tiền.
E.g.: If everyone chips in, we will be able to buy her a nice present.
- OFF ONE’S HEAD: điên, loạn trí.
E.g.: The old man has been off his head for at least a year.
- RUN AN ERRAND: làm việc vặt.
E.g.: I’ve got to run an errand. I’ll be back in a minute.
- JUMP THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS: vượt đèn đỏ.
E.g.: They ignore people who jumps the traffic lights.
- FLY OFF THE HANDLE: dễ nổi giận, phát cáu
E.g.: No one will fly off the handle for no reason.
- THE APPLE OF ONE’S EYES: đồ quý giá của ai.
E.g.: You are the apple of my eyes.
- BUCKET DOWN: mưa xối xả, mưa to.
E.g.: It’s been bucketing down all day.
- CLOSE SHAVE = NARROW ESCAPE: thoát chết trong gang tấc.
Xem thêm: Top 10+ c 2 h 6 o2 đầy đủ nhất
E.g.: Phew, that was a close shave. I was so lucky.
- DROP A BRICK : lỡ lời, lỡ miệng.
E.g.: I dropped a brick when talking with my best friend, and now she doesn’t want to talk to me.
- GET BUTTERFLIES IN ONE’S STOMACH: cảm thấy bồn chồn.
E.g.: I always get butterflies in my stomach when it comes to taking test.
- OFF THE RECORD: không chính thức, không được công bố.
E.g.: What the president said is not to be printed. It’s off the record.
- ONE’S CUP OF TEA: thứ mà ta thích.
E.g.: SNSD is my cup of tea. They are so beautiful and talented. Especially Seohyun, she looks so cute.
- CUT IT FINE: đến sát giờ.
E.g.: Only allowing half an hour to get from the station to the airport is cutting it fine, isn’t it?
- GOLDEN HANDSHAKE: món tiền hậu hĩnh dành cho người sắp nghỉ việc.
E.g.: The manager got early retirement and a 600,000$ golden handshake when the company was restructed.
- PUT ON AN ACT: giả bộ, làm bộ.
E.g.: We’ve known you are a good swimmer – stop putting on an act.
- COME TO LIGHT: được biết đến, được phát hiện, được đưa ra ánh sáng.
E.g.: Four soldiers have faced charges since the scandal came to light last fall.
- TAKE THINGS TO PIECES: tháo ra từng mảnh.
E.g.: Men like to take things to pieces and put them together.
- PUT ONE’S FOOT IN IT: gây nhầm lẫn, bối rối, phạm một sai lầm gây bối rối.
E.g.: I really put my foot in it when I asked her about her job. I didn’t know she’d just been fired.
- PULL ONE’S WEIGHT: nỗ lực, làm tròn trách nhiệm.
E.g.: The rest of the team complained that Sarah wasn’t pulling her weight.
- MAKE ENDS MEET: xoay sở để kiếm sống.
E.g.: I have to work at two jobs to make ends meet.
- GET THE HOLD OF THE WRONG END OF THE STICK: hiểu nhầm ai đó.
E.g.: I think I must explain to her that she got hold of the wrong end of the stick again.
- CUT AND DRIED: cuối cùng, không thể thay đổi, rõ ràng, dễ hiểu.
E.g.: Although a deal has been agreed, it is not yet cut-and-dried.
E.g.: The human rights issue is by no means cut-and-dried.
- STAY/KEEP ON ONE’S TOE: cảnh giác, thận trọng.
E.g.: We had better keep on our toes while we’re walking along the dark portions of this street.
- SEE EYE TO EYE: đồng tình.
E.g.: I’m glad that they see eye to eye on the matter of the conference location.
- HAVE IN MIND: đang suy tính, cân nhắc.
E.g.: I don’t want to see a movie now, I have in mind going to the park.
- A LOST CAUSE: hết hy vọng, không thay đổi được gì.
E.g.: It seems that Charles will give it up. I suppose he is a lost cause.
- TO BE BOUND TO: chắc chắn.
E.g.: You’re bound to be late if you don’t hurry.
- AT HEART: thực chất, cơ bản (basically, fundamentally).
E.g.: James sometimes seems quite unfriendly but at heart he’s a good person.
- TO KNOW BY SIGHT: nhận ra (recognize).
E.g.: The woman said that she would know the thief by sight if she ever saw him again.
- NOW AND THEN = NOW AND AGAIN = AT TIMES = FROM TIME TO TIME = OFF AND ON = ONCE IN A WHILE = EVERY SO OFTEN : sometimes (thỉnh thoảng, không thường xuyên).
- TO TAKE PAINS: làm việc cẩn thận và tận tâm.
E.g.: She takes pains to do everything well.
- TO MAKE DO: xoay sở, đương đầu (to manage, to cope)
E.g.: During difficult economic times, many people have to make do with less.
- CLOSE CALL = CLOSE SHAVE = NARROW ESCAPE: thoát được nguy hiểm trong gang tấc, mém chết!
- SELL SOMEONE SHORT: đánh giá thấp.
- FACE THE MUSIC: chịu trận.
E.g.: Mary broke a dining-room window and had to face the music when her father got home.
- LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG: to reveal a secret or a surprise by accident (để lộ bí mật).
E.g.: It’s a secret. Try not to let the cat out of the bag.
- ON PROBATION: trong thời gian quản chế.
E.g.: While Anne was on probation, she reported to the police regularly.
John was on probation for a year.
Bài tập Idioms thi đại học
Bài 1: Chọn phương án đúng.
1. Jose had a hard time comparing the iPhone to the Samsung phone because to him they were apples and oranges.
A. containing too many technical details
B. very similar
C. completely different
D. very complicated
2. Peter is the black sheep of the family, so he is never welcomed there.
A. a beloved member
B. a bad and embarrassing member
C. the only child
D. the eldest child
3. There’s a list of repairs as long as ……………….
A. your arm B. a pole C. your arms D. a mile
4. I tried to talk to her, but she was as high as a ……………….
A. kite B. house C. sky D. wall
5. We’re over the ……………….! Who wouldn’t be? We’ve just won £1 million!
A. planet B. clouds C. stars D. moon
6. I’ve never really enjoyed going to the ballot or the opera; they’re not really my ……………….
A. piece of cake B. sweets and candy C. biscuit D. cup of tea
7. You never really know where you are with her as she just blows hot and cold.
A. keeps going
B. keeps taking things
C. keeps changing her mood
D. keeps testing
8. “Edwards seems like a dog with two tails this morning.” – “Haven’t you heard the news? His wife gave birth to a baby boy early this morning.”
A. extremely happy B. extremely disappointed C. exhausted D. very proud
9. Thomas knows Paris like the back of his ………………. . He used to be a taxi driver there for 2 years.
A. head B. mind C. hand D. life
10. Josh may get into hot water when driving at full speed after drinking.
A. get into trouble B. stay safe C. fall into disuse D. remain calm
11. You have to be on your toes if you want to beat her.
A. pay all your attention to what you are doing
B. upset her in what she is doing
C. get involved in what she is doing
D. make her comply with your orders
12. By appearing on the soap powder commercials, she became a ……………….name.
A. housekeeper B. housewife C. household D. house
13. When his parents are away, his oldest brother ……………….
A. knocks it off B. calls the shots C. draws the line D. is in the same boat
14. Hearing about people who mistreat animals makes me go hot under the
A. chin B. collar C. sleeves D. vest
15. I know you are upset about breaking up with Tom, but there are plenty more ……………….
A. horses in the stable B. cows in the shed C. tigers in the jungle D. fish in the sea
16. I’ll have to go to the funeral of Ms.Jane, a ……………….of mine.
A. heart to heart B. body and soul C. flesh and blood D. skin and bones
Xem thêm: Top 10+ the internet has truly
17. When the kids asked him about his girlfriend, he’d go as red as a ……………….
A. tomato B. chili C. strawberry D. beetroot
18. What I’ve got to say to you now is strictly ……………….the record and most certainly not for publication, said the government official to the reporter.
A. off B. on C. in D. at
19. I can’t give you the answer on the ……………….; I’ll have to think about it for a few days.
A. place B. minute C. scene D. spot
20. Someone is going to have to take responsibility for this disaster. Who is going to ……………….?
A. foot the bill B. carry the can C. hatch the chicken D. catch the worms
Bài 2: Chọn phương án đúng.
1. Wendy is on the horns of a dilemma: she just wonders whether to go for a picnic with her friends or to stay at home with her family.
A. unwilling to make a decision
B. able to make a choice
C. eager to make a plan
D. unready to make up her mind
2. At every faculty meeting, Ms. Volatile always manages to put her foot in her mouth.
A. move rapidly B. trip over her big feet C. fall asleep D. say the wrong thing
3. If you are at a loose end this weekend, I will show you around the city.
A. free B. confident C. occupied D. reluctant
4. Thanks to her regular workouts and sensible diet she certainly strikes me as in the pink.
A. in absolute health B. in good health C. in clear health D. in extreme health
5. He was such a wet blanket at the party tonight!
A. He made people at the party wet through.
B. He spoiled other people’s pleasure at the party,
C. He bought a wet blanket to the party.
D. He was wet through when going home from the party.
6. That the genetic differences make one race superior to another is nothing but a tall story.
A. cynical B. unbelievable C. untrue D. exaggeration
7. You should accept the Nokia mobile phone as a 16-birthday present from your parents delightedly. Don’t ………………..
A. look gift horse in the mouth
B. buy it through the nose
C. pull my leg
D. take it for granted
8. Failing to submit the proposal on time was ……………….. for Tom.
A. a real kick in the pants
B. an open and shut case
C. a shot in the dark
D. a nail in the coffin
9. At first, no one believed she was a pilot, but her documents ……………….. colour to her statements.
A. provided B. got C. borrowed D. lent
10. Mr. Simpkims is the big ……………….. in the company as he has just been promoted to the position of Managing Director.
A. bread B. meat C. cheese D. apple
11. Shake a leg or you will miss the train.
A. Hurry up B. Slow down C. Watch out D. Put down
12. I’m going on business for a week, so I’ll be leaving everything ………………..
A. on your guards
B. up to your eyes
C. in your capable hands
D. under the care of you
13. My father hit the roof when he found that I’d damaged the car.
A. was over the moon
B. burst with anger
C. went with the flow
D. kept his shirt on
14. I refuse to believe a word of it; it’s a cock-and- ……………….. story.
A. hen B. goose C. bull D. duck
15. William was as ……………….. as a cucumber when the harsh punishment was meted out to him by the judge.
A. cool B. cold C. placid D. impassive
16. One way to let off ……………….. after a stressful day is to take some vigorous exercise.
A. cloud B. tension C. steam D. sweat
17. I wish you’d do the accounts. I don’t have ………………..for numbers.
A. a head B. a mind C. the heart D. the nerve
18. He sent his children to the park so that he could have some ………………..
A. fresh and quiet
B. quiet and peace
C. peace and quiet
D. fresh and peace
19. I think the main problem in this area is the lack of a good bus service.
– You’re right. You’ve hit the ………………..on the head.
A. nail B. wall C. lips D. hand
20. She is walking on the ……………….. . She doesn’t know how to say.
A. air B. road C. street D. garden
Bài 3: Chọn phương án đúng.
1. Like everyone else, Sue has her ………………..of course but on the whole, she’s quite satisfied with life.
A. ups and downs
B. ins and outs
C. safe and sound
D. odds and ends
2. Peter is working in an office. He’s a white- ………………..worker.
A. collar B. sleeve C. shirt D. button
3. When confronted with a mass of ……………….. tape, many people feel a sense of powerlessness.
A. red B. green C. blue D. brown
4. Although they are important, these visible expressions of culture, which are taught deliberately and learned consciously, are only the ……………….. of the iceberg of culture.
A. ship B. rid C. tone D. tip
5. I’m ……………….. my brother is.
A. nowhere near as ambitious as
B. nothing near as ambitious as
C. nowhere like so ambitious as
D. nothing as ambitious as
6. I felt a bit ……………….. and seemed to have more aches and pains than usual.
A. out of sorts B. on the mend C. over the worst D. under the fevers
7. Man: “I heard you have a part in the school play tonight.”
Woman: “Yes, and I’m on ……………….. and needles.”
A. bins B. pins C. tins D. rins
8. I’m really feeling under the ……………….. today; I have a terrible cold.
A, weather B. climate C. storm D. cloud
9. George has ……………….. ; he loves cakes, chocolate, ice=cream-anything which is sweet.
A. a sweet mouth B. sweet lips C. a sweet tooth D. a sweet tongue
10. The political candidate knew the issue was a hot ……………….. , so he deferred to his chief of staff, who directed questions to the committee chairperson.
A. tomato B. potato C. pot D. dog
11. Making mistakes is all ……………….. of growing up.
A. chalk and cheese B. top and bottom C. part and parcel D. odds and ends
12. Don’t let my mother watch any of those sad movies. She cries at the drop of a ………………..
A. hat B. bag C. cat D. rag
13. Denise has been burning the midnight ……………….. trying to finish this report, so she must be exhausted.
A. lamp B. candle C. oil D. gas
14. You can’t believe a word that woman says – she is a ……………….. liar.
A. dedicated B. devoted C. committed D. compulsive
15. I was excited to start taking night classes after work, but now, without enough time to devote either to school or to my job, I feel like I’m falling between ……………….. stools.
A. one B. two C. three D. four
16. You’d better ……………….. the books if you want to pass your exam on Friday.
A. hit B. beat C. stab D. bite
17. I heard ……………….. that Jack has been dropped from the basketball team.
A in the woods B. on the grapevine C. under your feet D. on the olive branch
18. At school, people always used to take the ……………….. out of him for having red hair.
A. cat B. dog C. mickey D. rat
19. When you use the Internet, you have so much information at your ………………..
A. fingers B. hands C. fingertips D. thumbs
20. They ……………….. their car at our disposal for our entire stay.
A. had B. took C. put D. got
Bài 4: Hoàn thành những câu sau.
- The teacher asked us to talk about the ………………… of industrial development .
- a piece of cake
- odds and ends
- pros and cons
- up and down
- The police found nothing special in the house of the criminal as he had taken all the important documents with him, leaving just …………… .
- a piece of cake
- odds and ends
- pros and cons
- up and down
- Don’t worry about the problems you have in your business. You know there are always …………… in business.
- a piece of cake
- odds and ends
- pros and cons
- up and down
- If you think that doing this maths problem is ……………… just try it.
- a piece of cake
- odds and ends
- pros and cons
- up and down
- All these promises these politicians make are just …………… in the sky.
- The small amount of money donated is just a drop in the …………… compared to the large sum of money needed.
- I had to face the ………….. all by myself although I was not the only responsible for the problem.
- They had had a dispute yesterday. That’s why she gave him the cold …………….
- He has been successful in his life. He went from ……… to riches.
- He spends his time drinking and watching TV. He’s no …….. to man or beast.
Bài 5: Hoàn thành câu với một trong những thành ngữ trong ô trống:
1. Getting my car fixed is going to cost me …………….. as the engine has completely blown, but I have no choice. I need it for work.
2. The flu I had a few weeks ago which prevented me from going on holiday with my friends was ……………… . They had a terrible time. Everything went wrong and it cost them a lot of money.
3. I was in a café in Italy and amazingly I saw Paul from down the road there. ………………
4. Jan is finally getting a chance to go on her trip of a lifetime, a holiday to Australia! She
was ……………… when I spoke to her.
5. 3 pounds may seem like ……………… but if everyone contributed that much we’d have thousands.
6. The government keeps talking about reducing poverty but what do they ever do about it? Nothing! ………………
7. I’ve got a promotion at work, but all John did was make a joke about it. He has a real ……………… . I think he is just jealous.
8. The interview for that new job was ……………… . They asked me really easy questions.
9. The new Martin Scorsese film is out at the cinema. A film that comes out that I really enjoy and want to see happens ……………… , so I’ll definitely go and see it.
10. He was ……………… when he gave up his job to start university. Now he has found out he can’t get a grant.
1. an arm and a leg
2. a blessing in disguise
3. it’s a small world
4. over the moon
5. a drop in the ocean
6. actions speak louder than words
7. chip on his shoulder
8. a piece of cake
9. once in a blue moon
10. jumping the gun
Muốn học tốt và ghi nhớ lâu idioms bạn cần học từng ngày, tăng việc áp dụng chúng vào trong giao tiếp hoặc viết. Hy vọng những bài tập Idioms thi đại học trên đây đã giúp bạn nhiều hơn trong việc học thành ngữ tiếng Anh. Vietop chúc bạn đạt được mục tiêu của mình.
Top 15 you must see the manager tomorrow morning tổng hợp bởi Lambaitap.edu.vn
How to be a Good People Manager
- Tác giả: leavedates.com
- Ngày đăng: 01/07/2022
- Đánh giá: 4.68 (295 vote)
- Tóm tắt: If your team see you taking holiday and prioritising downtime so that you can … admin – perhaps one hour in the morning, and one hour before you leave.
- Khớp với kết quả tìm kiếm: In doing so, your staff will be inspired to evolve their skills and qualifications. Support this by setting up a tuition reimbursement plan or giving flexibility for study leave. Getting an online business degree will help you and your team meet the …
Tiếng anh – Viết lại câu
- Tác giả: diendan.hocmai.vn
- Ngày đăng: 08/27/2022
- Đánh giá: 4.49 (223 vote)
- Tóm tắt: 3.you must see the manager tomorrow morning Rightarrowyou’ve… 4.there was never any answer when we rang RightarrowEvery time… 5.
Làm hết ( yêu cầu giải thích )
- Tác giả: hoidap247.com
- Ngày đăng: 12/14/2021
- Đánh giá: 4.23 (428 vote)
- Tóm tắt: You must see the manager tomorrow morning. You’ve 23. I’ve warned you not. … So long as he arrives before eleven, she can meet him.
Xem thêm: Top 10+ sbt vật lí 10
Rewrite without changing the meaning somebody repaired her car yesterday?
- Tác giả: hoc247.net
- Ngày đăng: 10/05/2022
- Đánh giá: 4.06 (408 vote)
- Tóm tắt: You must see the manager tomorrow morning. => You’ve got to see the manager tomorrow morning. 91. There was never any answers when we rang. => Every time we …
Đề thi viết lại câu anh 12 có đáp án số 3B
- Tác giả: 123docz.net
- Ngày đăng: 08/14/2022
- Đánh giá: 3.93 (276 vote)
- Tóm tắt: You must see the manager tomorrow morning. You’ve 3. I’ve warned you not to go near the dog. I’ve warned you about 4.
You must see the manager tomorrow morning
- Tác giả: vietjack.online
- Ngày đăng: 12/20/2021
- Đánh giá: 3.69 (596 vote)
- Tóm tắt: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in the following …
Viết lại câu sao cho nghĩa không đổi 1.Somebody repaired her car yesterday She 2.You must see the manager tomorrow morning Youve 3.Ive warned you no
- Tác giả: mtrend.vn
- Ngày đăng: 02/28/2022
- Đánh giá: 3.56 (492 vote)
- Tóm tắt: 1. Somebody repaired her car yesterday. – She had someone repair her car . 2. You must see the manager tomorrow morning.
Bài Tập Ngữ Pháp Tiếng Anh 11 Có Đáp Án 2022
- Tác giả: kissenglishcenter.com
- Ngày đăng: 09/12/2022
- Đánh giá: 3.22 (286 vote)
- Tóm tắt: I do morning exercise and play volleyball regularly so as to keep … To…….. in the contest, you have to work in groups of three.
- Khớp với kết quả tìm kiếm: 1. A. access B. afford C. brochure D. casual2. A. behaviour B. determined C. consellor D. decisive3. A. donate B. compare C. campaign D. flashy4. A. experience B. mobility C. independent D. prioritise5. A. romantic B. solution C. protective D. …
1. Somebody repaired her car yesterday. She . . . . . . . . . . . 2. You
- Tác giả: hoc24.vn
- Ngày đăng: 11/22/2021
- Đánh giá: 3.18 (593 vote)
- Tóm tắt: 1. Somebody repaired her car yesterday. She . . . . . . . . . . . 2. You must see the manager tomorrow morning. You’v…
Bài tập từ loại tiếng anh theo dạng CÓ ĐÁP ÁN chi tiết
- Tác giả: monkey.edu.vn
- Ngày đăng: 09/10/2022
- Đánh giá: 2.89 (138 vote)
- Tóm tắt: You have to believe in yourself if you ever expect to be successful at something. 2. We left for the mountain just before six in the morning …
- Khớp với kết quả tìm kiếm: The females seem to learn by watching mothers. Researcher Dr. Elisabeth V. Lonsdorf, director of field conservation at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, said that it is (3)_____to find that, when a young male and female are near a mound, ‘she’s …
Resigning from a job you like. If there are any problems, here are so
- Tác giả: teemuhiilinen.info
- Ngày đăng: 08/24/2022
- Đánh giá: 2.83 (79 vote)
- Tóm tắt: The days of your life should be spent waking up in the morning and feeling … You manager will need to plan for handover, replacements etc.
Mecklenburg County Jury Service | North Carolina Judicial Branch
- Tác giả: nccourts.gov
- Ngày đăng: 01/06/2022
- Đánh giá: 2.77 (192 vote)
- Tóm tắt: If your reporting time is in the morning (AM), you MUST visit eresponse.mecknc.gov or call the automated juror … Mecklenburg County Jury Manager System.
- Khớp với kết quả tìm kiếm: DO NOT REPORT TO THE COURTHOUSE FOR JURY SERVICE IF YOU ANSWERED “YES” TO EITHER OF THE ABOVE QUESTIONS. Instead, please notify the Jury Management Office via eResponse, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone at …
You must see the manager tomorrow morning
- Tác giả: khoahoc.vietjack.com
- Ngày đăng: 02/22/2022
- Đánh giá: 2.56 (144 vote)
- Tóm tắt: You must see the manager tomorrow morning. · Câu 1: Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the …
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions I see the doctor tomorrow morning because my headaches havent gone away
- Tác giả: hamchoi.vn
- Ngày đăng: 10/26/2022
- Đánh giá: 2.42 (100 vote)
- Tóm tắt: I see the doctor tomorrow morning because my headaches haven’t gone away. Quảng cáo … ……the report to the manager, she decided to take a rest.
Make or Do – Perfect English Grammar
- Tác giả: perfect-english-grammar.com
- Ngày đăng: 09/03/2022
- Đánh giá: 2.32 (129 vote)
- Tóm tắt: Unfortunately, they don’t really follow any useful rules, so you have to learn them. Sorry! … the shopping, I’ll do the shopping tomorrow morning. We need …